Voyager Mobile is a wireless communication system for mobile fleet operators comprising:
- An in vehicle software application running on a laptop or mobile computer.
- A Server component responsible for Messaging and Database access.
- An optional interface into a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- Optional handheld units that communicate fully with the CAD and the laptops.
The Voyager Mobile system provides the following functionality:
- The means for a central dispatch to communicate with the vehicles and relay dispatch information to them.
- A messaging infrastructure that allows users to send electronic messages to each other and to central dispatch.
- Mobile access to public and private databases through easily configurable HTML forms, allowing both the addition of new data into a database, as well as access to previously stored data.
- Location information displayed on in-vehicle maps, together with driving directions.
- Real-time visibility into the location and status of other units on the system.
- Real-time visibility into active calls/incidents.
- Support for sending reports, large files and images over the system.
Voyager Mobile is the leading product in its category because of the following differentiating features:
- Cost efficient ASP network model that results in the Lowest Total Cost solution.
- Strong, End-to-End Security.
- Automatic wireless Configuration & Software Updates that eliminate the labor-intensive re-installation of software.
- Simultaneous Handheld and Laptop Support.
- Smart Networking allowing seamless roaming across multiple wireless networks, such as CDPD, CDMA, 802.11.
- Dropped Connection Recovery.
- The latest Mapping Technology
- Configurable Data Access (HTML forms).
- Easy to use Outlook style User Interface.
- Remote Accessibility, from Home or from the Road.
Voyager Mobile exceeds the features and functionality of existing offerings, is highly price competitive, and is built on the latest XML, .Net and XP Technology. For more information, please contact Voyager Systems directly at 858.550.1100.